Monday, September 26, 2011

MIND YO BUSINESS!


 I have met some new people over the last 2 years, mostly women, since I decided to come out of my shell and start living life again. I have become VERY involved lately in my son's new school and became part of so many organizations like I mentioned in my last post I'M SO NOT READY. This is why I haven't been around for a bit making interesting and fucking hilarious posts but now i'm back- i hope.

I had back to school night that lasted over 2 hours last week where I saw the mom's that I met last year but hadn't seen all summer. I have become friendly enough with a lot of them but not friendly enough where they need to suggest that I need a man. Yep, that's exactly what I was told during a "Stop and Chat" with one of the mothers. Apparently the need for sex is written all over my face where she felt compelled to suggest that a man was in order.

She decided to ignore my pissed off /shocked look that I was sporting, perhaps reading it instead as "yes please give me more unwarranted advice on how I really need to get out there and meet a man because I'm too young to be alone" look.

I find it to be so odd that in today's society we still measure a woman's success not by what she has accomplished in her career or in life as a whole but instead by whether she found a guy to marry her and give her babies. 



I went to an all woman's college where we were encouraged to find our own light and reach for the stars and enter the work force and change the world and blah blah blah, which was ok BUT -if you snagged a guy from West Point or Maritime you had really hit it big. I still hear this from some of my younger co-workers where they are so obssessed with who else is getting married in the office or in Hollywood.

I can't help but feel inadequate being the only divorcee/single person in my circle of friends and I can't help but still feel a sting when I say in front of a group of snooty mother's that I'm a single mom. It fades quickly but then I get pissed off. Why the hell do I need a man to feel whole or to be looked at as adequate? I don't. I may be alone but I am not lonely, that's not to say that I don't feel lonely at times. It just really pisses me off when people tell me I need a man.

I don't NEED a man, so MIND YO BUSINESS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment